The #1 rule for fitness and running success is, “Don’t get hurt training!” Sadly many people break this rule and spend more time in pain than enjoying the processes of a new-found fitness level. However, the nightmare of becoming injured and living in pain is something you can avoid. By following a structured program and understanding the principles behind it you can train and live pain-free!
In the first of this four part series you’ll learn:
1) Why the Couch to 5K (C25K) program is a great program to help establish your exercise habit and fitness base.
2) How to use the Workload Principle to make regular and consistent improvement.
3) How the Progressive Overload Principle will challenge you without risking injury.
4) Why a good training program is like sunbathing.
5) The importance of Rest and Recovery and why taking a day off is not only recommended but needed.
At the end of this session and series you will understand why the C25K program works and the principles utilized that will keep you exercising and moving pain-free for years to come.
PS: You'll find a few screen shots below.